Hinterland Container Notification provides a single service for pre-notifying containers arriving via all hinterland modalities – truck, rail and barge – at sea terminals, inland terminals and depots. This service is being developed in phases and will gradually replace the current services Road Planning EDI, Barge Planning and Rail Planning.
- Multimodal pre-notification portal
- One central gateway for all modalities
- Easily switch modalities for existing pre-notifications
- Pre-notify not just at sea terminals, but at inland terminals and depots as well
Click on any one of the images or links below to learn more about:
For inland terminals and depots as well
Hinterland Container Notification allows not only sea terminals, but also inland terminals and depots to efficiently organise their incoming and outgoing container flows.
Benefits for inland terminals and depots
• Insight into the flow of visits 24/7
• Feedback with updates on container status prevents delays and unnecessary visits
• Less (or no) administrative work/less work for terminal desk
• Spaces visits more effectively by displaying time slots
• Specific to individual terminal: can be configured as desired
• Over 1,200 participating hauliers (with CargoCard)
Required for pick-up and drop-off
Go here to see a list of sea terminals, inland terminals and depots where you can use the service Hinterland Container Notification. Some of these require use of the service.
Connection fee only
For Hinterland Container Notification, you will pay a one-off connection fee of €249.50 (exclusive of VAT). Due to the strategic importance of good advance information to the functioning of the port, participation in the service Hinterland Container Notification is free of charge for hinterland transporters. These costs will be covered by Port of Rotterdam Authority and Amsterdam Port Authority. All other parties will be required to pay a contribution for use. Portbase is a non-profit organisation.
Here’s how you connect!
For this service, our partners in the logistical chain have established additional requirements of their own. Click here to learn what you will need to do before you can use our service.