Pre-notify barge calls and containers at terminals and depots through one single portal. Furthermore, Hinterland Container Notification (HCN) Barge provides the input for the integrated planning of each port call by Nextlogic.
In the coming years, we will work towards a future-proof and safe hinterland. See what this means for you on this page.
- A single portal and uniform method of working for all terminals and depots
- Prenotification of rotation, visits and cargo data
- Request container status prior to prenotification (at terminals that support this option, see the functionality matrix under documents)
- At-a-glance insight into the status of visits and containers
- Automatic notification in case of changes to planning and/or cargo information
- Always a confirmation of loading/discharge afterwards
- Direct link to Nextlogic for integral planning of visits to the port
Participate in the integral planning of Nextlogic
Portable and Nextlogic are working together on efficient and reliable handling of inland container shipping in the port of Rotterdam. Via one entrance (MCA Barge), digital information exchange about ships and cargo via Portbase is innovatively combined with the neutral, integrated planning of all container inland navigation visits by Nextlogic.
How can I use this service?
HCN Barge is available via the web and through an API link-up. API is the new standard in IT for data exchange and connectivity.
Click here for an overview of software companies that offer a system link-up for HCN Barge.
A list of the terminals and depots at which you can use HCN Barge is available through this link. Some of them make the use of this service mandatory.
Requesting the service and (connection) costs
You can register for participation in HCN Barge through this form.
Participants of Hinterland Container Notification (HCN) pay a one-off connection fee. Regardless of whether you use HCN Road, HCN Barge, HCN Rail or a combination of these. You then pay a fixed monthly subscription fee plus a contribution per pre-notification of a full container. Portbase does not have a profit motive.
Portbase Support is the central location on the web for all questions related to working with the Portbase services. You will find essential instructional videos, quick start guides, frequently asked questions and much more to help you make proper use of the Portbase services.