From cargo information to cargo control. Complete track & trace of ships expected in the port and your cargo. You can also direct all follow-up actions from the same screen. Cargo Controller is a further development of our service Cargo Information.
- See, track and manage all your import cargo
- Stay fully informed from weeks before arrival to the exact moment your cargo leaves the terminal
- Quickly and easily perform follow-up actions, such as subsequent customs procedures, or instruct others to perform them for you
- Accessible to multiple cargo stakeholders at the same time
- Be informed about inspections, releases and other exceptions in your logistics process immediately
- Just-in-time collection at a terminal, optimum scheduling of the delivery
- Real-time ETA and ATA updates
- All information and follow-up actions via a single reliable platform
- Automatic alerts (vessel delay, cargo requiring attention)
Who is it for?
Cargo Controller is for the container, trailer, general cargo and bulk sectors. As a forwarder, shipper, haulier or shipbroker, you can keep a close eye on your incoming cargo in Cargo Controller. Using the service, you can then immediately take the appropriate follow-up actions, such as initiating subsequent customs procedures. This really puts you in control of your cargo. As a result, everyone can work faster, more efficiently and smarter.
Differences between Cargo Controller and Cargo Information
Cargo Controller is a further development of the existing Portbase service Cargo Information. As soon as Cargo Controller is live (april 2021), Cargo Information will no longer be available. Cargo Controller contains the same functionalities, but the user experience will better match your daily work activities. Thanks to better integration with the services Notification Import Documentation, Notification Local Clearance and at a later stage Transit Declaration, you can perform all the follow-up actions from a single screen.
What else can Cargo Controller do that Cargo Information can’t?
- With Cargo Controller, it is also possible for multiple companies to track the same cargo simultaneously without first disconnecting;
- As well as container cargo, Cargo Controller also provides information about trailers, bulk cargo and general cargo;
- As the cargo director, you can specify in due course which companies are authorised to perform follow-up actions for your cargo.
After the planned market launch, Portbase is gradually expanding the functionalities of Cargo Controller. For example, by adding features such as automatic allocation of cargo to cargo director, use of labels and application of workflows.
Via web and API
Cargo Controller will be available via the web and as an API. With an API, you can build Cargo Controller into your own software system entirely according to your own wishes. For existing Cargo Information customers, Portbase will also continue to support the current system link (based on XML) until the end of 2021.
To use Cargo Controller, you pay a monthly subscription fee plus a charge for each B/L you request. There is a one-off connection charge of € 249.50 (exclusive of VAT).
Service currently in development
Click the bars below for more information about the planning and market launch.