Easily pre-notify all customs documents for export at deepsea, shortsea and ferry terminals. You have one access point for all your pre-notifications.
- Communicate all customs documents for export to deepsea, shortsea and ferry terminals through one single access point
- Fast and correct terminal handling
- Track your shipments in real-time: from arrival at the terminal to departure to sea
- Free community service; you only pay a one-off connection fee
- Alternative Exit Proof (ECS) cargo
How does this service work?
By pre-notifying your customs documents via Notification Export Documentation, you ensure a smooth flow at the terminal. All you need to provide is the booking number, the document number and type and the equipment number (for example the container number or trailer number).
Pre-notification via Notification Export Documentation is possible for almost all Dutch deepsea, shortsea and ferry terminals. It is even mandatory at a large number of terminals, where you will not be granted access without pre-notification. Make clear agreements in your logistics chain as to who will be responsible for pre-notifications. Generally speaking, this is the forwarder, exporter or carrier.
Furthermore, within the service you can easily track your cargo via the Track & Trace Export module. At a glance, you can see whether your cargo has arrived at the terminal, whether (customs) inspections are required and when your cargo has left by ship.
How can I use this service?
This service is available via the web or via a system link-up with your own software. An overview of software companies offering a system link-up for Notification Export Documentation is available here.
Please note! Existing customers of Notification Export Documentation who work with a system link-up require a minor adjustment to the service for pre-notification at ferry terminals. Please contact your software supplier as soon as possible for this. They already have the message specifications. If you are building yourself, the specifications are available at our Developer Portal.
Relationship other services
- Our service Track & Trace Export is automatically included free-of-charge. This gives you real-time insight into every export shipment.
- Are you also responsible for reporting the Verified Gross Weight (sometimes also referred to as Verified Gross Mass or VGM) to the shipping line? Take a look at our service Notification Verified Gross Weight.
Request service and (connection) fee
Fill in the application form and register for participation immediately. You will automatically receive access to Track & Trace Export. Notification Export Documentation is a free community service. The costs are covered by terminals and shipping companies. You only pay a one-off connection fee of € 249.50 (ex. VAT).
Want to know more?
Portbase Support is the central location on the web for all questions about working with the Portbase services. It offers essential instruction videos, quick guides, frequently asked questions and much more to help you make proper use of the Portbase services.
Request a demo
We will contact you within 24 hours to make an appointment for a demo of Notification Export Documentation.